For people wishing to develop a special relationship with the captain / owner to learn about the world of sailing in light of the acquisition of their own unit or other, we offer you exchange your skills against time and sailing / night aboard or rental of equivalent value and / or answers to your questions about the world of sailing for pleasure or monitoring and consultation for buying your first boat.
Already some people have benefited from 12 years of this opportunity to develop a special relationship with the captain. Several people today own their own boat and / or have experienced an enriching and educational experience.
We are looking specifically for people with skills and experience in the following fields for 2015:
– Woodworking and carpentry with teak and mahogany species
– Mechanical marine diesel
– Electric propulsion project (looking from another electro-mechanic)
– AC 110v
– 12 V DC
– Hydraulic pump
– Seamanship (various splices and whippings to complete to finish)
– Communications (review of PL-259 connectors)
– Refrigeration update of large capacity freezer unit isotherm ASU)
– Hydronic heating (new installation with electric-diesel hybrid burner coupled to the water heater)
– Sewing (curtain, cushion and draft dodger bimini)
– Paint, varnish and sanding
– Plumbing (installation of new Pex pipes )
– Deck fittings
– Divers for inspection and cleaning of the underwater hull
– Project engineer for retractable mast on tabernacle
– Working with stainless steel tubing (new stainless steel handrail project)
– Glazier (new tempered glass windows to replace those lexan)
– General and maintenance cleaning.
You dream of one day living on a sailboat and go? You have no experience and do not have a boat? You only want to be introduced , see and learn what’s going on? Want to practice your maneuvers or simply get night rental on board in return? The path to become a sailor consists of a thousand experiences and education put together, so this is a unique opportunity.
Theoretical courses, initiations or internship in navigation, while essential, do not explain many of the important facets of life on board: the operation and maintenance of many systems. What better than to have both feet in the boat and doing things to learn how they work?
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions or you are interested [by these opportunities]!